Monday, August 19, 2013

When you've been hacked



A few weeks ago, I learned the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has an informative website.  They offer a blog of resources for dealing with many problems:
Scams
Spam
robo-calls
and many more issues.

These range from:
Privacy and Identity
Mortgages
Credit
Jobs
Health
Do Not Call List
Free Credit Reports

Just this week, I read about steps to take to minimize your (or my!) risk of losing your email, bank, or social network accounts to a hacker.  They also covered steps to take to help recover your identity afterwards, in the event your (or my!) account is hacked.  The details are here:
http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0376-hacked-email

I will continue to share links as I happen upon them.  Please feel free to reach out to Ruidoso Public Library if you know of one that taught you something.

No comments:

Post a Comment